Field Operations Bureau:
The heart of the emergency medical care system in East Windsor, New Jersey is the response to 9-1-1 calls of residents and visitors who are sick, injured and or ill and require medical attention. Our Field Operations Divisions is includes our Basic Life Support Ambulance Division, the Special Operations Command Division and the Emergency Preparedness & Clinical Education Division.
Basic Life Support Ambulance Division:
In NJ there is a two-tiered response system. BLS and ALS. Basic Life Support is two NJ Certified EMT's who respond with the ambulance to assess, treat and provide emergency care until the Advanced Life Support arrives and provides more advanced treatment such as IV's and Intubation. Majority of our membership is made up of EMT's. Basic Life Support is the foundation of our organization.
Special Operations Command:
When emergencies occurs some require specially trained personnel with extensive expertise in a particular field. Our Special Operations Unit is divided up into three Divisions.
- Rescue Branch:
Rescue division is lead by the Assistant Chief John Brooks a fire service veteran and past chief of East Windsor Volunteer Fire Company #1. The Rescue Division members are trained and qualified in vehicle extrication, including the usage of the jaws of life, airbags, cribbing and etc.
- Water Rescue Branch:
Water Rescue Division is lead by Lieutenant Brian Foley. Water Rescue technicians are trained in the following disciplines: Ice Rescue, Swift Water Rescue and Open Water Rescue.
- Counter Terrorism Unit & Tactical Emergency Response Team:
Recent tragic events throughout the nation have called upon a special group of trained first responders to deal with active shooter and additional dangerous situations. The members of the CTU/TERT Team are members of an elite team who are trained utilizing the National Association of EMT's Tactical Combat Casualty Care protocols to save as many lives as possible during an act of domestic and or international terrorism .
Emergency Preparedness & Clinical Education Bureau:
As a public safety agency and a bureau of the East Windsor Public Safety Commission, East Windsor Rescue Squad District II has a broad and far reaching responsibilities in educating, training and coordinating with public health and public safety partners in preparation for all hazard emergencies in the greater East Windsor and Mercer County area.
- Emergency Preparedness Division:
Responding to medical emergencies represents only a single component of our service to East Windsor. Specialized training and coordination of large scale emergencies is a speciality of our members.
- Incident Management Team: When disaster strikes, not any ordinary public safety agency is equipped to manage the incident. East Windsor Rescue Squad District II has the capabilities to provide high quality specialized services in the event of an all-hazards response, including but not limited to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive incidents. Our Incident Management Team has been trained by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the FEMA Type 1 Incident Commander of Hurricane Katrina.
- Incident Management Assistance Team: East Windsor's IMAT responds to requests from state and or local governments and other public safety agencies to assist in the management of disaster response operations. The team supports the initial establishment of a unified command and provides crucial situational awareness that may be required for state and or local decision makers.
- Clinical Education | Research, Training and Quality Improvement (RTQI)
The Research, Training and Quality Improvement (RTQI) team is responsible for the training and continuing education of East Windsor's EMS Emergency Medical Technicians. Through its quality assurance program, RTQI is also responsible for ensuring that East Windsor EMS consistently delivers superior care to the people of East Windsor. Furthermore, RTQI conducts critical research designed to introduce new treatment protocols and technologies with the goal of advancing pre-hospital emergency medical care.
- Community Initiatives: East Windsor EMS is a dedicated partner to the residents of East Windsor and their health. In an effort to better the lives and health of its citizens, East Windsor Rescue District II has numerous programs in the surrounding community to ensure involvement on a local level with the people we serve. Through the Community Initiatives Division, East Windsor EMS raises awareness and educates the public to target and prevent public health issues in East Windsor and the surrounding area. East Windsor Rescue District II is committed to ensuring the safety of East Windsor's children, teen, adults and elderly. To best serve all of our residents, East Windsor EMS hosts multiple programs throughout the year to include CPR Certification Courses, File of Life Program, Ambulance Tours, Blood Pressure Screenings and many more.
Services our Volunteers Provide
Honesty, commitment and quality
Pre- Hospital Emergency medicine
East Windsor Rescue Squad District II Inc. staffs every ambulance with at least two NJ certified EMT's.
Our primary mission is responding to medical emergencies, but we also serve the Town of East Windsor in other ways:
- We work with public and private partners to enhance emergency planning and preparedness
- We support the Town services and injury prevention through reporting and analytic efforts
- Through community engagement, we educate residents about safety and lifesaving skills
Learn more about our different divisions that make up East Windsor Emergency Medical Services: